This blog post is part one of two (click here to read the other) for outlining the measurements for understanding and progressing forward with my website and digital footprint. I’m using The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals for ethical digital environmental progress, which will act as a guide to help me achieve more environmental content creation, communications, and creativity. Specifically, I will be using The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 12, 13, and 17.
For Digital Ethical & Environmental Progress:
Goal 12 “is about doing more and better with less. It is also about decoupling economic growth from environmental degradation, increasing resource efficiency, and promoting sustainable lifestyles (United Nations, SDG 12).”
While the UN’s Goal 12 target focuses on implementing a “10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, all countries taking action, with developed countries taking the lead, taking into account the development and capabilities of developing countries (SDG 12.1).”
Measure Of Success For SDG 12:
- Create a digital framework for sustainable consumption and production by the end of 2022.
- Take environmental action with MacaiaBritton.com partners while taking into the development and capabilities of individuals, small businesses, and those with disabilities who may not have the same or any digital environmental tools or capabilities.
- Be net-zero emissions by 2025 for all content creation.
- Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle (SDG 12.6)
- Promote public procurement practices that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities (SDG 12.7)
Goal 13 focuses on how Climate Change affects “every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives. Weather patterns are changing, sea levels are rising, and weather events are becoming more extreme (SDG, 13).”
Measure Of Success For SDG 13:
- Integrate climate change measures into digital internal policies, strategies, and planning.
- Work to improve the digital education through content produced, to help raise awareness on climate change mitigation and more on the subject of climate change, in general.
Goal 17 focuses on how “a successful development agenda requires inclusive partnerships — at the global, regional, national and local levels — built upon principles and values, and upon a shared vision and shared goals placing people and the planet at the centre.(SDG, 17).”
Measure Of Success For SDG 17:
- Focus on enhancing the digital “global partnership for sustainable development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the sustainable development goals in all countries, in particular developing countries (17.16).”
- “Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships (17.17)”
During the next few months, I will be publishing information going more in-depth about my ethical digital environmental impact, goals, and mitigation.